Bruny Island Gourmet Traveller
- 10 hours
- Departs 7:45 am
- What to Expect
- Additional Information
Bruny Island Traveller is a full day tour from Hobart. Taste your way across Bruny Island, visiting some of our renowned artisan producers on an all inclusive gourmet wilderness adventure whilst discovering the spectacular scenery and cultural heritage of Tasmania's favourite island.
Be prepared for a delicious day out where you will enjoy award winning cheeses, premium wines and beer, freshly shucked oysters, handcrafted fudge, local honey and a delicious lunch at Pennicott's beachside restaurant with sweeping views of Adventure Bay.
Meet and hear the stories of island producers including an exclusive cheese and beer experience at Bruny Island Cheese company and sweet taste sensations from Bruny Island Chocolate Company and Bruny Island Honey.
Get Shucked’s famous Bruny oysters will be served alongside lunch. We recommend the premium Tasmanian fish, chips and salad to keep you fuelled as you continue exploring. Lunch is accompanied by two glasses of quality Tasmanian wine, beer, cider or juices.
Delight in a relaxing tour of HIBA’s 50 acres of private English and native gardens overlooking Adventure Bay before being treated to whisky and fudge in the tranquil surrounds.
Be inspired by island anecdotes of flora, fauna and history as told by our guides and storytellers. See local aboriginal artefacts. Wonder at the Bligh Museum, with tall tales of Adventure Bay explorers.
Your adventure highlights the unique natural environment of Bruny Island. Take in the glorious views from the iconic Neck Lookout, climbing the 240 wooden steps to take in the narrow isthmus between north and south Bruny Island. Step back in time with a walk through the ancient Mavista Rainforest and breathe in the cleanest air as you stroll under the towering canopy. Keep an eye out for the rare white wallabies that thrive on our private reserve.
Pennicott Wilderness Journeys
What to Expect
What to Expect
Taste your way across Bruny Island visiting some of our favourite artisan producers on a gourmet adventure whilst taking in the spectacular scenery of Tasmania's favourite island.
- 7:45am Depart Hobart Bruny Island Ferry crossing
- 9:30am Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co - exclusive tasting
- 10:30am The Neck lookout
- 11:15am Mavista rainforest walk and search for white wallabies
- 12:00pm Lunch at Pennicotts - oysters, main meal and two glasses of wine, beer, cider or juices
- 1:15pm Visit Bligh Museum
- 1:45pm Two Tree Point beach walk
- 2:15pm HIBA Gardens & Bruny Island Chocolate Company
- 3:45pm Bruny Island Honey - honey ice-cream & take home tasting
- Drive thru Get Shucked Oysters for purchase
- Bruny Island Ferry Crossing
- 5:30pm/6:00pm Arrive in Hobart
Departs Hobart at 7:45am daily. We can pick you up from some Hobart CBD hotel or meet us at our Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre situated on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge on Hobart's waterfront. Tour returns to Hobart at 5:30/6:00pm with CBD hotel drop off.
Things To Bring
We suggest wearing warm, comfortable clothing. It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!
Our Flexible Cancellation Policy
- No cancellation fees if you need to cancel due to COVID right up to the time of departure. This includes if you are unwell or if you have to change your travel plans due to flight changes or travel restrictions. We will happily move your booking to another day or provide you with a full refund. Please note you need to advise us prior to departure so that we have an opportunity to re-sell the seats.
- For non-COVID related cancellations our normal cancellation policy applies. We reserve the right to charge 100% for cancellations within 24 hours of departure. Bookings are fully flexible up to 24 hours prior to the tour departure.