Top End Safari Camp Overnight Tour
- 20 hours
- Departs 1:30 pm
- What to Expect
- Additional Information
This tour is fantastic value for money combining truly unique Top End activities with an amazing outback glamping experience. Situated in a private location off the Finniss River system we showcase some of the best activities and experiences the Top End has to offer.
Experience the thrill of an airboat whilst spotting crocodiles, wildlife and birds. Immerse yourself in the nature and beauty of the Top End with views from a scenic helicopter flight. Then return to our sky deck to soak up an incredible Top End sunset over the floodplains followed by a gourmet dinner, star gazing around our fire pit and an unforgettable, bespoke outback glamping experience.
Beat the crowds, immerse yourself in nature and experience a once in a lifetime Top End adventure with Matt Wright.
- Self-drive or return air-conditioned coach transfers from Darwin City
- Crocodile encounter and feeding
- Airboat cruise
- 10-minute scenic helicopter flight over floodplains
- Sunset cheese board
- Dinner on the open star deck
- Overnight outback glamping experience in deluxe lotus belle tent
- BBQ breakfast
Top End Safari Camp
What to Expect
What to Expect
This is one overnight adventure you won’t forget!
Top End Safari Camp provides bucket list outback adventures that tick all the boxes. Our tours are fantastic value for money combining truly unique Top End activities with an amazing outback glamping experience. Situated in an exclusive location off the Finnis River system we showcase some of the best activities and experiences the Top End has to offer.
Experience the thrill of an airboat whilst you cruise spotting crocodiles, wildlife and birds. Immerse yourself in the nature and beauty of the Top End with views from a scenic helicopter flight. Take a dip in Australia's only nature-based croc safe pool to try your luck at getting face to face with wild salt-water crocodiles. Meet one of Matt Wright's monster rescue crocodiles while you witness a live feeding and demonstration with one of these prehistoric giants. Then return to our sky deck to soak up an incredible Top End sunset over the floodplains followed by a gourmet BBQ dinner, star gazing around our fire pit and an unforgettable bespoke outback glamping experience.
Rise and shine the next morning for a cooked breakfast and dip in the pool before departing at 10am.
Beat the crowds, immerse yourself in nature and experience a once in a lifetime Top End adventure with us.
At Top End Safari Camp our Deluxe Lotus Belle tents are million star rated!
Our tents are widely spread across our property so we can guarantee both privacy and comfort during your overnight outback glamping experience.
With only 10 tents on site we offer small groups sizes and a very intimate, authentic outback experience. All tents are located within close proximity to our sky deck, fire pit, pool and the shared toilet facilities.
Each tent is spacious with modern earthy furnishings complete with double bed, outdoor open-air shower, private deck, plush towels and locally sourced bathroom amenities.
If you are travelling with children (4-14 years), 1 rollaway bed is permitted per tent.
Top End Safari Camp has a large shaded common deck area that all guests can enjoy. Complete with pool, firepit, dining area, bar and more it is the perfect place to come and enjoy a cold beverage whist soaking in a top end sunset over the floodplains.
There are shared toilets located just behind the deck area for all guests to use.
A secured parking area for guests who have opted to self-drive is also available on site.
Top End Safari Camp is located in the Peninsular Way region, north west of Litchfield National Park. It is approximately a 1.5-hour drive from Darwin via the Cox Peninsular and Fogg Bay Roads
Both return coach transfers and self-drive options are available.
All Top End Safari Camp tour packages includes return coach transfers from Darwin City.
We also offer a self-drive option if you prefer the freedom and flexibility of travelling in your own vehicle. You can choose to either tag along with the tour from the start, meet us along the way or at Sand Palms Roadhouse at the designated meeting time.
There is 7km of driving on an unsealed road to get to the camp with safe and secure onsite parking available.
- Operates, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday’s during the Dry Season
- Pick-ups from Darwin City start from 12.00PM
- Return transfers depart camp from 9:30AM, return to Darwin City around midday
- Self-drive guests are asked to arrive at 1.50PM
- Check-out is at 10:00AM the following morning
- We do not supply lunch on the Top End Safari Camp Overnight tour.
- Children rates apply for 4-14 years, children under 4 not permitted
- Located a 1.5hr drive from Darwin. Safe and secure onsite car parking available. Please note there is 7km of unsealed road into the property. Driving instructions provided once booking is confirmed.
- Bring small overnight bag, hat, camera, water bottle, swimmers.
- BYO alcohol permitted for afternoon activities approximately 2.00-5.00PM, there is no BYO alcohol to be consumed in our licensed area which includes our star deck, camp lawns and tents, all alcohol drunk in these areas must be purchased over our bar please.
- Sandpalms Roadhouse Tropical Motel is 7km from our turn-off, if you have a caravan or trailer, this is a great place to book and store your belongings overnight.
- Mindil Beach Casino Resort Hotel Reception
- Matt Wright Reservation Office, corner of Mitchell and Peel St
- Adina Vibe Darwin Waterfront Hotel Reception
- Coolalinga McDonalds Drive Thru Service Road
- Self Drive, Top End Safari Camp
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Weight restrictions prevent the company from taking passengers over 125 kilograms.
- All guests must advise their exact weight at the time of booking.
- Children 3 years of age and under are not permitted to travel,
- Pregnant women are not advised to travel after 34 weeks. If under 34 weeks it is still recommended you seek medical advice from your doctor before travelling with us.
- Guests with pre-existing medical conditions are advised to seek a doctors clearance before travel.
- Participation on this tour is at your own risk.
- Tour bookings are not confirmed until full payment is received.
- The company reserves the right to alter the tour specifications, timings and/or itinerary without compensation if operationally required.
- Whilst every care is taken for the safety and wellbeing of our passengers, it is strongly advised that all guests have their own travel insurance suitable for the activities undertaken on this adventure tour.
- Guests to arrive 5-10 minutes prior to the tour departure time or pick up time, if guests miss their departure their ticket will be forfeited.
- A minimum of 6 passengers is required to run tours in the Dry Season and minimum 10 passengers for the Wet Season, tour bookings not reaching minimum numbers will be offered an alternative date of travel or a full refund.
- Cancellations within 30 days of departure will forfeit 50% of the total tour cost.
- Cancellations within 2 to 14 days of departure will forfeit 75% of the total tour.
- No refund will apply to cancellations within 48 hours of departure.
- The company will refund the full amount of the tour if we must cancel due to unforeseen circumstances.